Our vision and values
In 2016 we worked with our community to consider what we stand for at Avenue – our ethos and ‘branding’. We changed our strapline, or motto, to ‘Nurturing individuals, building futures‘, and defined our core purpose: to nurture a love of learning in everyone and prepare them for the future they choose.
We revised our mission statement to:
At Avenue Primary Academy we recognise and develop the potential of each and every person, empowering them and giving them the confidence to play a positive role in society as responsible citizens. We aim high and believe we can succeed. We work as a team, in a supportive community where everyone is valued equally within a safe and engaging environment.
Our vision (aims) for the academy is to:
- Ensure the best outcomes for every individual
- Ensure staff and pupil wellbeing continues to underpin all that we do
- Be a learning hub for the teaching community
- Pride in achievements and self-confidence
- Building relationships and team work
- Mutual respect and tolerance
These values are reinforced through our Rights Respecting commitment.