Free School Meals and Pupil Premium Entitlement
FREE SCHOOL MEALS AND PUPIL PREMIUM ENTITLEMENT
Registering for Pupil Premium or free school meals does not mean your child will have to eat the school lunch – there are other benefits. We offer extra support to children who are registered – for instance, help with the cost of school trips or music lessons. Please see the section in our ‘Statutory Information’ on our website for details of how we spend the money.
In the 2019 to 2020 financial year, Avenue will receive £1,320 for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years.
Parents who are in receipt of one of certain benefits may qualify for free school milk and/or meals.
Please use the Free Schools Entitlement Checking Service at www.fsm.lgfl.net to find out if your child is eligible for Pupil Premium. If you are, then this will begin the process for registration.
Your child may qualify for Pupil Premium and free school meals if you receive:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to receive a free school meal every day. This is funded through two different funding streams:
• Pupils eligible for Free School Meals
• The Universal Infant Free School Meals
The school may only receive funding for one of the above for each pupil. Registering your child for Free School Meals has extra benefits (see Free School Meal Entitlement – next).
Children in the juniors eligible for Free School Meals are also entitled to receive a free school meal every day, and for all other junior children, the cost is £2.30 per day. This must be paid for in advance on ParentPay.