In this video, Dr. Alex George (UK Youth Mental Health Ambassador) shares his five top tips for good mental health and well-being.
MS Teams in Other Languages.
Please find below a link which explains how to translate messages on Teams to other languages.
It also explains how to change the whole language of Teams.
We hope that many families will find this useful.
Looking for your next good book?! This website has 100 recommended reads for each year group. It also has a 'book match' section that directs you to other books based on popular authors.
If you feel like a break from your computer... here are some nice ideas!
Oxford Owl for Home
At Avenue, we always promote the importance of children learning to read well and developing a love of reading. By reading a range of books and genres regularly at home, you can help your child to develop confidence and enjoyment in reading. Reading is a key life skill and develops vocabulary which in turn will improve your child's writing and communication skills.
We are very pleased to launch our new subscription to ‘Oxford Owl for Home’. ‘Oxford Owl for Home’ provides access to a collection of tablet-friendly eBooks and helpful tips and activities for parents to support children’s learning at home.
To access the eBooks, visit the Oxford Owl website www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
All of the reading scheme books we use at school will be available through the Oxford Owl eBook Library, which should make it easier to select an appropriate book. This website will provide extra opportunities for reading at home and support your child to improve their reading skills.
Instructions for accessing the online learning:
1. Please begin by going to the Avenue Primary Academy homepage https://www.avenueprimary.com/
2. Scroll down and click on student log in
3. Choose whether to click on 'Get the Windows App' or 'Use the Web App Instead' (Use the web app is recommended).
4. From there, use your child's log in details which were emailed out on the parents' evening forms last half term.
5. Your child is then part of a team for their class and they should be able to see all the work being posted there.
The children have had a practice lesson and we will keep an eye on any children not viewing the work and call home to see if we can support in any way.
Thank you for your continued support,